A Rare Glimpse

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My fifth night with no cold water to take a shower! The property management is certainly taking its time coming to fix it. I think I'll call them tomorrow and complain...I'm mean, remind them about the problem politely. :P

Please pray for my parents. They left 2 weeks ago for a few intense missions visits, teaching and preaching (India and Mongolia); a tiny bit of travelling (China and Hong Kong); and a huge church conference (Macau). With still a few weeks left to go, and heading into poor and remote areas of India, my dad emailed to tell us that he had developed shingles. It is an adult reactivation of the chicken pox virus that can be pretty painful, cause rashes and blisters all over one side of the face and body, and can cause permanent nerve damage. He's lucky to have received medication, but other than that, I'm not too sure what his condition is like in reality. May God guide them and protect them in the coming weeks; may He use them as effective servants despite any complications and obstacles that may arise.